Elephant wasn’t included in the world’s biggest animals

 I think some of you were surprised when the elephant wasn't included in the world's biggest animals! Well, today I'm giving you something bigger than the elephant. And it's not the mamut. I'm talking about the paraceratherium, which holds the title of being the largest land mammal that has ever lived. They were about 7 meters tall, which makes them taller than modern day giraffes, and they weighed between thirty-three and forty-four thousand pounds. This makes them almost three times heavier than the heaviest elephants we have today. Just like elephants, they were not an immediate threat to other animals or humans because they were herbivores. But with a size that big, I'm sure they were intimidating and kept predators at a distance. It seems like they went extinct when the landscapes in Central Asia started to transform, making it hard for the paraceratherium to find the means to survive. I wonder what it would have been like to see one of these in the wild. I'm sure we would have bee n able to spot them from very far away.

Post a Comment

0 Comments
* Please Don't Spam Here. All the Comments are Reviewed by Admin.